Recommendations from their free multi-point inspection service may be questionable and not accurate
Posted on 2017-09-25
We called Formula Honda on 2017-09-19 and was able to schedule an appointment for an airbag recall service on the following day. Scheduling an appointment was not difficult.
After bringing our vehicle to the dealership on 2017-09-20, 2 hours later the service consultant (Kumar Arumugam) called and said after a free inspection service (done by a technician named L. Forget), the service consultant said we needed to:
- Replace both air filter and cabin filter
- Replace transmission right axle seal
- Replace steering rack assembly
- Replace wiper inserts
As soon as we heard from the service consultant that the cabin filter needed to be replaced, we asked again for confirmation.
Kumar confirmed that both air and cabin filters are dirty and needed replacement.
We immediately said no to all recommendations and got our vehicle back.
What they didn't know is that we actually just replaced the cabin filter the day before, on 2017-09-19.
We can only assume one of the following scenarios:
1. Honda inspected air filter and did not inspect cabin filter, but recommended replacing both anyways and assumed & said to the customer both filters are dirty and needed replacement. In this case the inspections are questionable.
2. Honda inspected both air and cabin filters, but recommended replacing both anyways, and said to the customer both filters are dirty and needed replacement. In this case the service consultant lied to the customer when asked for confirmation on the condition of the cabin filter.
Although air and cabin filters are relatively cheap and easy to service/replace, Formula Honda certainly did not need to replace our cabin filter but lied about its condition and recommended replacement. This makes us doubt the rest of the inspections and the honesty of the dealership staff.
We have attached the inspection reports and also a photo of the cabin filter taken on the same day.
We would definitely suggest people who plan to visit the dealership to pay close attention to their service recommendations.
Response(s) to this complaint
You must be signed in to respond to this complaint. Click here to sign in or create a new account.
Formula Honda has not yet responded to this complaint.